To get started with goal creation in Frankli, navigate to 'Goals' from your available sidebar menu items. This will bring you to your goals overview page. Here you will see a number of tabs representing different views of goals associated to you. To find out more about your goal views see here.
- Create a Goal
To create a goal, click on the button entitled 'Create a Goal'.
This is will launch a 'Create a new goal' dialog as shown:
Here we outline each of the available fields:
- Goal Objective: Give your goal a valid Objective thinking about what will overall success look like for this particular goal?
- Goal Type: As an employee you can create a personal operational, personal developmental or a department goal type. Department goals are limited to your own department.
- Align Goal (optional): If you choose to create a 'Personal Operational' or 'Department' Goal type, you will be presented with the option to align the goal.
- If you choose 'Personal Operational', you will have the option to align this goal to an active 'Department' or active 'Company' goal. The 'Department' goal view will be limited to the department you are at the time of aligning a goal
- If you type 'Department' goal, you will have the option to align this goal to an active Company goal. The available dropdown will have a list of all active Company goals set.
Note: Goal Alignment is an optional step.
- Key Result: Next we define one or more key results to help us progress our goal. The goal setting framework in Frankli is based on Objective, Key Results (OKRs).
- Result End Date (optional): You can add an end date to any key result if you wish. This will set and trigger reminders for you as the end date approaches.
- Measure Type: Key results have 4 dedicated measure types to help you keep focused. 'Complete/Incomplete', 'Measure by %', 'Measure by #' or 'Measure by €'.
- Visibility: You can set a personal goal to be 'PRIVATE' or 'PUBLIC'. Department goals are always set to public and are visible to the entire company.
- Priority (optional): You can define a priority for your goal from P1 to P5 based on your own sense of urgency.
- End Date: This is the date that the overall goal objective is to be achieved by. Setting an end date also sets up reminder notifications within Frankli for all Goal Owners.
- Tags (optional): Tags are defined by your company admin and allow you to group goals by relevant tags as defined within your own business. Tags make searching on your goals easier.
- Owner: Owners are the people directly involved in completing the goal. You can add any of your colleagues to your personal goal. When adding a goal owner to a department goal, they must be in your department.